Jayachandra Logo

The leading authority on tapered roller bearings, Timken today applies its deep knowledge of metallurgy, tribology and mechanical power transmission across a variety of bearings and related systems to improve reliability and efficiency of machinery and equipment all around the world.

The company's growing product and services portfolio features many strong industrial brands including Timken®, Fafnir®, Philadelphia Gear®, Carlisle®, Drives® and Interlube™.

Known for its quality products and collaborative technical sales model, Timken posted $2.9 billion in sales in 2015. With more than 14,000 employees operating from 29 countries, Timken makes the world more productive and keeps industry in motion.

For more than 100 years, Timken has focused on value creation for diverse industries and market segments. Timken has grown considerably since their founding in 1899, but solving customer problems is still at the core of their business, just like it was when their founder Henry Timken patented a tapered roller bearing design that made life easier for freight wagon operators and their mules.

The Beginning

Henry Timken, a St. Louis carriage maker, recognized that heavy freight wagons had a hard time making sharp turns. To solve the problem, he applied a tapered roller bearing design that could handle both radial (weight) and thrust (cornering force) loads. There were several customer benefits. First, the application ran more smoothly, reducing repair and replacement costs. In some cases, the bearings improved wagon performance so much that fewer mules were required to pull them. Finally, better cornering meant less chance of losing a load of goods. Always focused on customer benefit, Henry quickly realized that the tapered roller bearing could improve product performance in many other applications as well. He and his sons, H.H. and William Timken, quickly founded The Timken Roller Bearing and Axle Company and began building the business into what it is today.

Timken India Limited

In keeping with global standards the first state-of-the-art manufacturing facility was set up in Jamshedpur in 1987. Since then, Timken has led the industry with significant breakthroughs in bearing technology. Timken offers friction management solutions that maximize performance, fuel-efficiency and equipment life. Wherever parts move and turn, you will find Timken products and services making things run a little smoother, safer and more efficiently.

History

Timken India Limited was incorporated in 1987 as Tata Timken Limited (TTL), a joint venture between Tata Iron and Steel Company (TISCO) and The Timken Company, USA. It commenced commercial production at its Jamshedpur plant in March 1992. The Timken Company is a world leader in tapered roller bearings and a leading producer of quality alloy steel. Tata Steel is the world's 10th largest steel manufacturer.TISCO and TIMKEN each held 40% equity stake in the company and the public held the rest. In 1999, Timken acquired from Tata Steel its 40% stake in Tata Timken Limited. The Timken Company now holds 80% equity stake and the remaining 20% are owned by Indian Public.

The name of the Company was changed to Timken India Limited on July 2, 1999.

The company has sales offices in Kolkata, Delhi, Bangalore, Pune and Jamshedpur.

In South India, Timken Company have offices in Bengaluru and Chennai. Jayachandra, being their authorized distributor for South India – Industrial Segments, delivers the Timken products wide over an industrial spectrum.

Quick Links

products Range Image

Products Range

We are the principal dealers of major Indian bearing brands like NBC, TATA, NRB and HMT.